Oral, and maxillofacial surgery is the specialty of dentistry which provides the solution of the problems caused by congenital or subsequent diseases of soft tissues in the mouth, jaw or face area and all kinds of pathological conditions. Bursa Vizyon Dental clinic intervenes in all jaw surgery problems with oral and maxillofacial surgery specialist .
Problems of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Bursa Vizyon dental clinic intervenes in many problems in the treatment of jaw surgery. One of these problems is the surgical removal of wisdom teeth or complicated teeth. In addition, our Bursa-based clinic performs the necessary operations in surgical treatments based on any infections affecting the mouth, teeth or jaws. Surgical treatments involving soft or hard tissues, correction of these tissues before prosthetic intervention and jaw surgery and treatment methods of intra-bone lesions are performed. In addition, jaw joint disorders are one of the disorders that have been intervened in the field of jaw surgery.
What are Temporamandibular Joint Disorders?
The jaw joint (temporomandibular joint) is the joint formed by the combination of the lower jaw bone and the temponol bone in the supra-ear region. Between these two bones there is cartilage tissue that prevents friction or abrasion and also makes joint movements easier. Diseases of the hard tissues, cartilage tissue and muscle tissues in the jaw joint directly affects jaw joint and sometimes can be relieved by jaw surgery treatments.
Jaw joint disorders can be listed as follows;
– cases of jaw locking or subluxation of the jaw (jaw dislocations),
– Congenital disorders of the jaw joints,
– Lack of development of functions in the jaw joints,
– Rheumatic diseases that cause the jaw joint to lock up.
Jaw joint disorders are also known as temporomandibular joint disorders. Temporomandibular joint disorders must be started with the necessary treatment process with oral and maxilloecral surgeons.
What are the symptoms of jaw joint disorders?
Jaw joint disorders can be congenital and can be acquired later. Many symptoms of jaw joint disorders, also known as TME disorders, can be seen. These symptoms generally vary depending on the extent of the TME condition and the type of the condition. In general, the symptoms of jaw joint discomfort are as follows;
– Continuous ear pain, pain in the cheeks or dizziness,
– Headaches that intensify from the temples to the chin, as well as severe pain from the chin to the neck,
– The jaw has difficulty especially in joint movements, difficulty in opening the jaw , the sound of jaw movement and jaw locking situations,
– Continuous jaw dislocations,
– The jaw is moved in a different way when sliding or opening the mouth,
– Gradual deterioration of biting, tearing or chewing functions,
– Impairment of lower and upper teeth and mouth closure,
– Teeth fracture, continuous sensitivity and wear conditions are generally symptoms of jaw joint related disorders.
If you experience even one of these symptoms, you should first consult an oral, and maxillofacial surgeon. Otherwise, all teeth and gums, especially the jaw, are likely to experience various problems due to function problems.